Have you ever read our signs on the outside of our training room floors?? If not here’s an overview.
We strive to maintain a positive atmosphere and sense of community at PAMA. Here’s how YOU can help:
- Please come to class with a positive attitude and remember to greet your instructors and classmates!
- Make new students and visitors feel welcomed; introduce yourself!
- If you are late for class, please ask for permission to participate from the instructor.
- “Participation” in a class requires that you are involved in every portion of the class; the warm-up, techniques, drilling, and live training. If you are injured and cannot participate in a portion of the class, please discuss this with the instructor beforehand.
- If you need to purchase a beverage or other merchandise, please do so at the beginning or end of a class to not disrupt the class dynamic.
- Small children should be supervised at all times and are not allowed to climb, run around, or play loudly while class is in session.
- Talking on the sideline should be kept quiet and to a minimum while class is in session. Please do not speak while the instructor is speaking and hold questions until the end of the technique.
- While we encourage you to study with partners and share your knowledge, please refrain from teaching or instructing a class unless you have the instructor’s permission to do so.
- Sexually harassing remarks will not be tolerated! Treat everyone equally and with respect.
- Please refrain from using profanity. Of course, it will slip but try your best.
We are committed to maintaining a CLEAN, SAFE environment at PAMA. Let’s work together to keep our space hygienic.
Here’s how YOU can help:
- No shoes are allowed on the mat. After stepping off of the mat, shoes or sandals must be worn to walk throughout the gym; ESPECIALLY THE BATHROOMS!
- Maintain proper hygiene!
- Wash your training gear after every class.
- Keep your toenails and fingernails trimmed and clean. • Long hair should be pulled back and braided.
- Offensive body odor will not be tolerated.
- If you have any type of skin infection, please be considerate of your peers and stay off the mats.
- If you are scratched during training, please clean and cover your wound before continuing. If you notice blood on the mat, please notify a staff member to wash and disinfect it immediately.
- We highly recommend you shower immediately after class, as this has been shown to greatly reduce the possibility of skin infection. You are certainly welcome to shower before class as well.
- Please pick up after yourself, both on and off the mat. Personal items should be placed in the designated storage areas and items considered garbage should be thrown out. Valuables left behind, such as wallets and jewelry, will be kept in the lost and found for 1 week only.
Abiding by these guidelines will help keep Pendergrass Academy of Martial Arts a clean and enjoyable place to train. Please do your part as a valued member of our family.